Security Officers are onsite 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, employed by Intercon Security Ltd., currently under contract at Brookfield Place. The Security Officers are supported by comprehensive closed circuit television surveillance at strategic locations in the complex, a sophisticated access management system, and continuous patrols of the complex.
All common areas and multi-tenant floors are patrolled periodically after business hours with all insecure premises being investigated and Tenant representatives called at home if necessary. Two way radio communication between Security management, the Building Control Centre and complex staff provides quick response to any issue.
While Security Officers, closed circuit cameras and the access management system can provide basic protection for the building, security is everyone's responsibility and your cooperation and vigilance is essential.
Each Tenant can be effective in preventing the loss of valuable personal and company property by observing these suggested guidelines:
- Be aware of strangers in your area and if their identity cannot be readily established, advise Security immediately.
- Articles of value should not be left in open, unattended areas.
- At the end of each working day, remove or secure personal and company items of value, such as laptops, digital cameras, iPods, BlackBerries, etc. Promptly report to Security the loss of property or any suspicious event. Serial numbers of all valuable items should be recorded and retained on file to aid police in recovering property in the event of loss or theft.
- You should always ensure that your suite is secure, especially after 6:30 p.m. weeknights and 24 hours on weekends since passenger elevators are programmed to security mode during these times.
- Enforce strict control of keys and access cards. Please notify Security immediately when a staff member has left your employment.
Special care should be taken during the following times: the first 30 minutes after opening, lunch hours and just before closing. These are the periods when there is a high volume of staff and visitor movement, and employees are often away from work areas and offices.
Additional checks of your premises can be arranged by contacting the Security Supervisor at 416-777-6454
. Fees for this service are detailed in the Standard Additional Service Rates section.